automotive photo manipulations of anything and everything. All work by crwpitman.


Friday, March 25, 2011

Thunderbird Reboot?


The photo editing didn't turn out exactly as I'd hope - it looks a bit funky shrunk down (relatively quick chop). But anyway - here's my idea...

I think Ford could use a FWD coupe, the reasoning behind the Taurus coupe chop from which this was based. The Thunderbird name is an iconic one, and I was thinking a mildly retro styled Thunderbird based on the Taurus could serve as a reboot of the T-Bird for modern times. Those who want RWD and sporty can choose the Mustang - this would be more relaxed and FWD or AWD. More of a grand tourer, as the T-Bird was conceived as.

Then the name got me thinking - Thunderbird is a rather "electric" sounding name (what with thunder accompanying lightning), and I was thinking this car could be offered in some kind of relatively ho-po hybrid type of format. Also - the Aston-like grille of the electric Focus has a tinge of 1965 T-Bird to it, so I grafted it onto the front of the Taurus... And then I shortened the greenhouse a tad to look like those earlier birds a bit more (and ironically looking a little like those from the late eigthies as well), and stretched out the trunk. The rear isn't rendered, but it would look a little like those on the pre-facelift MKZ to recall the square birds a bit.

'65 T-Bird for reference:

http://americandreamcars.com/1965thunderbird.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment