automotive photo manipulations of anything and everything. All work by crwpitman.


Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Buick GNX


My attempt to make a Buick GNX out of the new Regal GS.

It was hard to turn the white of the original to black and I didn't like how the black turned out as much. I guess it's kind of more of a metallic looking black, or matte....

I was kind of going for a matte black chrome effect on the front end detailing, which might be lost in black.

No huge changes - made it a coupe, widened and shortened the "teeth" inlets up front. Made the front grille larger. Removed turn signals from the headlights (I think) and replaced it with another projector for a quad headlight look to match the original. Added LED turn signals in the former teeth, mounted lower to try and match the original a bit more too. Also - wheel detailing is black (lace wheels just wouldn't fit the look any more).

Overall, I was trying to keep a bit in line with Buick's current direction but have cues to recall the GNX from the 80s.

No comments:

Post a Comment