automotive photo manipulations of anything and everything. All work by crwpitman.


Saturday, February 26, 2011

Jaguar XJ

Made for another photoshop competitionto guess at the new XJ's looks before it was unveiled.

I tried to ape the spy photos as much as I could. Unfortunetly the teaser image threw me (I'm quite sure I won't like this weird new roofline with the rear window morphing into the side windows but not at the same time).

So anyway I stuck with what I saw under the camo. Nothing extreme - hope it's not too boring. But from the spy photos I'm not sure the new XJ will be the looker the XF is.

Basically I grafted an XF nose onto a Quattroporte (specificially the Touring version made by some coachworks company I can't remember at the moment). I spliced together the Jag and Quattroporte rooflines, and also shortened the roof get more of a big Jag stance. I also lowered it to the ground - the Quattroporte had a bit of a 4x4 stance. Up front I reshaped the headlights, and made the grille much wider and more upright. I also enlarged the central air intake on the bottom of the front bumper. I brought it up so it matched the height of the two that flank it. I also added more of a booty onto the end of the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment